Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Blog Entry #1

My name is Brittany Westerbeck, and I have been interested and working in art since before I was in school as a child. My grandfather was the first person to really interest me in art. He often would show me how to draw various animals and objects in which I would attempt to copy. From there, I just progressed and am now majoring in Digital Art at Bowling Green State University. I am majoring in Digital Art because I want to someday make 3D animated movies for large companies such as Disney and Pixar.

Most of the ideas for my artwork come from events that are happening to me at that specific moment in time. I also look at other artists' works and try to imitate ideas and concepts used by the artists. I especially enjoy going to museums for this reason. My favorite medium is oil paints on canvas. Sure, this is kind of traditional, but it seems to also be the easiest for me to work with (Even though I still enjoy a good challenge). I tend to paint or draw landscapes and animals.

I pretty much consider all media forms art (unless created for the intention of commerce). I think they are all creative and artistic in their own ways. I absolutely love music. I will listen to almost anything, though I'm not very fond of country music. I received an Ipod Nano for Christmas, and it's my most prized possession as of now. My favorite music artists are 80's bands like Journey and Guns n' Roses. I also listen to more recent bands like All-American Rejects and Goo Goo Dolls, and even more classical music like John Williams and Mozart.

I am also a huge movie buff. While I don't watch very many horror movies, I really love to see a good comedy. I love laughing and smiling. Anchorman is one of my favorite comedies. I also tend to watch Disney movies and any movie with Orlando Bloom in it.

That's pretty much everything I feel like writing about at the moment. Any questions? Feel free to ask!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home