Blog Entry #2
The juxtaposed images of part three of the assignment do relate to each other. They give the viewer a theme of travel. The more personal images create the idea that I like to travel rather than just a general "travel" theme.
Dominance in size gives the illusion that it is perhaps a more overpowering or important element in the composition. I think that smaller images are used to keep the viewers' eyes on the composition. They are used to keep that eye moving around the piece and not onto the one next to it. The smaller images are also used to create depth within the piece. In my artwork, I attempted to both create depth and directional force by using elements that vary in sizes and position. I also attempted to create dominant, subordinate, and accentual negative spaces as well. That was probably the most challenging part of the assignment for me.


1 Comments:
Brittany, hello.
How I miss thee.
I am sleepy and must go,
But I wanted to tell you goodnight.
Sleep well.
Quatro forever.
Post a Comment
<< Home