Image/Essay #15
This is painting on canvas created by Takashi Murakami called “And Then, And Then And Then And Then And Then (Blue).” The painting is very simple of a cartoon head of a figure that appears to be female. This painting has been created in different colors (such as red and yellow). The ears each depict a letter of the alphabet (O and B). I like this picture because it is a very cute painting. I also like to create cartoon character like pictures in my own artwork. I like the placement of the figure on the picture because it is zoomed in and forces our minds to recreate and finish the parts of the character that are off of the picture plane. The eyes of the figure are very captivating and interesting. I find myself very drawn into them. I think this is because of the high contrast between the pupils and the highlight on the eyes. The one thing I do not like about this picture is how the outer eyes are whiteish, but the teeth are more grey. I feel like the teeth blend into the face and do not stand out as well as they could if they were the white of the eyes.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home